On the passage to Myeong-dong departing from Euljiro 3-ga, I have a new discovery of a popular spot among young people. Tucked in to an alley where many printing shops, bookbinders and hardware stores are mushroomed, I see a building conspicously noticeable for its sharp exterior.
1. The sign written ‘Hotel Susunhwa’ on the bottom of the directory visibly stands out.
2. Well-polished wood frames have the good shine on them.
3. ‘Susunhwa’, the co-working Space.
4. Restored dark-wood vintage furniture subdued the atmosphere of the interior.
5. Design studio with café is the concept of the place. Three artists, each of whom is clothing, Jewellery and bag designer summed up an idea to create a co-working environment.
6. Unusual decorations utilising plastic panels and a table top engraved with peacocks made of pearl shell.
7. A clothing designer’s section.
8. A Jewellery designer’s corner.
9. Space for a bag designer.
10. A menu board with detailed introduction of the café.
11. Coffee beverages, beer, wine, and simple food menus are available.
This less than 20 square meters space is filled with inspirations from the designers’ creative energy and passion.